The aim of the Roadshow is to bring together people at a local level who are interested in protecting the country’s beaches, seas and marine life.
The Roadshow will be held at Kilrush Community Centre on Thursday 19th March at 7pm. The event, which will be co-hosted by Clean Coasts group, Kilrush Youth Club and local Clean Coasts group Kilrush Tidy Towns, will feature a host of speakers:
· Clean Coasts Officer, Beckey-Finn Britton, on the Clean Coasts programme and it’s recent developments.
· Caroline Coleman of Clean Coasts group Kilrush Youth Club on coastal-related developments of the group.
· Clare County Council representative on their partnership with the Clean Coasts programme and what they are doing to protect Clare’s beaches, seas and marine life.
· Seán Lynch, who is studying for his M.Sc. Coastal & Marine Environments in NUI Galway, on the recent launch of a Citizen Science Campaign to Map Litter.
· Ken O’Sullivan, Sea Fever Productions, on the incredible Irish coastal environment and why it’s worth protecting.
· Winner of the Newcomer of the Year Ocean Hero Award, Clean Coasts group Burrenbeo Trust Conservation Volunteers, on the work of their group.
· Cillian Murphy of Clean Coasts group Loop Head Tourism on developments in the coastal community of Kilkee.
Clean Coasts is operated by the Environmental Education Unit of An Taisce and is funded by the Department of the Environment, Community, and Local Government, Coca-Cola HBC Ireland and Fáilte Ireland.