A fire at a popular fast-food outlet in Ennis was quickly brought under control last night resulting in only minor damage being caused.
The incident occurred at around 7.00pm at Enzo’s on Parnell St.
Three units of the fire bridge from Ennis, along with local gardaí, responded to the incident.
Fire crews reached the scene in a matter of minutes as many personnel were already at their New Road station preparing for a training night when the emergency call came in.
On arrival, personnel wearing breathing apparatus quickly entered the premises to find that a motor in a piece of equipment had overheated.
The fire was quickly brought under control with just minor damage being cause. None of the staff on duty at the time were injured.
A section of Parnell St was closed while fire crews dealt with the incident.